The MOT inspection manuals for cars and passenger vehicles (classes 3, 4, 5 and 7) was updated when changes to the MOT were introduced on 20 May 2018.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has monitored how the new test is working. Following feedback from MOT testers, DVSA is making changes to the MOT inspection manual from Thursday 13 September 2018.
The sections that will change are:
- section 0 - identification of the vehicle
- section 1 - brakes
- section 4 - lamps, reflectors and electrical equipment
- section 5 - axles, wheels, tyres and suspension
- section 6 - body, structure and attachments
- section 7 - other equipment
- section 8 - nuisance
These changes will not appear in the inspection manual until 13 September 2018.
For more information, please visit: https://bit.ly/2NxfBrG