News and updates
Tell DVLA you’ve sold, transferred or bought a vehicle has been available since 2015 and includes two services for the motor trade:
• bought a vehicle into the trade, tell DVLA about a purchase so they can show that the vehicle is ‘in trade’
• sold a vehicle out of the trade, give the new keeper details and tax the vehicle and DVLA will update their records and send out a V5C log book.
DVLA will automatically send a refund of remaining vehicle tax to the previous keeper and cancel any direct debit. It’s important that you tell them online straight away when you buy, sell or register a vehicle off road. Refunds are issued from the date they receive a notification of sale.
The online service has many benefits:
• improved customer service, no paperwork to send to DVLA so no mailing costs or documents being lost in the post
• DVLA’s records update immediately – this means they have accurate details from the point of transfer
• automatic refund issued more quickly to customers instant email confirmation
• V5C log book received within 5 working days
• the ability to tax the vehicle during the online transaction
• number plates can be made up more quickly by downloading the electronic V948.
Let DVLA know what you think. Your feedback will allow them to continually keep improving the service.
If you would like to receive a full copy of Issue 3 of Your DVLA, please email email@example.com