The Government’s Job Retention Scheme was launched to assist all UK employers to access support to continue paying part of their employees’ salary for those employees that would otherwise be laid off during the Coronavirus outbreak.
The Government has now published detailed guidance on how its Job Retention Scheme will work. TLT Solicitors have put together guidance which is a reading for all employers whose businesses are affected by coronavirus.
The guidance includes:
- What is included in ‘wages’ for the purposes of calculating the 80%
- Clarifications on possible rotation of furloughed employees
- Can employers re-hire staff to put them on furlough?
- Considerations around holidays
- How to limit the risk of discrimination
- Timings of the scheme
Full guidance is available to NFDA members, please email email@example.com to request a copy of the document