Make DVLA’s online services work better for your customers and your business.
Online services are the quickest, easiest and often cheapest way to deal with Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). Embracing DVLA’s online services will reduce costs, save time and simplify dealers’ interactions with customers. Many dealers are already using these services, some even creating information packs for customers highlighting how they can use DVLA’s online services and the benefits of doing so.
You can now quickly and easily tell the DVLA when you have:
- Bought a vehicle into trade
- Sold a vehicle into trade
- Sold a vehicle to your customer
Benefits to your customer
- A quick and transparent way to ensure that when purchasing a vehicle or processing a part exchange, your customer receives instant email notification of keepership changes
- This will also trigger an automatic refund of any vehicle tax owed to them
- Your customer will receive a new V5c within days, when purchasing from you
Benefits to your business
- Customer satisfaction at the point of purchase
- Reduction in administration time
- No postage costs or risk of documents being lost in the post
- An audit trail for date of keepership changes reducing business risk of future parking/speeding fines
For more information about DVLA’s online services including the full list of services available, visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update