Anyone over the age of 18 will be able to collect boxes of seven tests from their local pharmacy, under the new plans. Free, rapid twice-weekly COVID-19 testing for everyone in England is being promised by the government - starting this Friday. It is aimed at people without symptoms, because one in three people with coronavirus don't have them and may be spreading the virus unwittingly.
The government says the offer is currently for England only and the devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will make their own decisions. A major marketing campaign encouraging people to take up the offer of twice-weekly lateral flow tests will also start in England this Friday.
Tests will be available through:
• A home ordering service, which allows people to order lateral flow tests online to be delivered to their home
• Workplace testing programmes, on-site or at home
• Community testing, offered by all local authorities
• Collection at a local PCR test sites during specific test collection time windows
• Testing on-site at schools and colleges
A new "Pharmacy Collect" service will be another option. People over 18 without symptoms will be able to visit a participating local pharmacy and collect a box of seven rapid tests to use twice a week at home.
Source: Sky News