• 73% of businesses had been trading for more than the last two weeks (broadly unchanged from Wave 27)
• 3% of businesses had started trading within the last two weeks after a pause in trading (an increase from 2% in Wave 27)
• 10% of businesses had paused trading but intend to restart in the next two weeks (an increase from 5% in Wave 27); this increase coincides with the re-opening of retail and hospitality in England from 12 April 2021
• 11% of businesses had paused trading and do not intend to restart in the next two weeks (a decrease from 18% in Wave 27)
• 4% of businesses had permanently ceased trading (an increase from 3% in Wave 27)
Total UK online job adverts on 9 April 2021 equalled their February 2020 average level to become the highest level seen since 6 March 2020 (partly driven by a notable increase to the “catering and hospitality” category, which also reached its highest level since March 2020).