The Jaguar I-Pace was crowned “New Car of the Year” at the Auto Trader New Car Awards 2021.
The Auto Trader New Car Awards were based on the votes from 148,000 car owners who took part in the judging process between September 2020 and April 2021.
Owners were asked to rate their cars according to 16 different criteria, from reliability and performance to appearance and running costs, as well as their overall satisfaction and how likely they would be to recommend it to others. In line with the positive trend facing EVs in terms both of sales as well as public acceptance, 36% of this year’s finalists and winners were electric, up from just 16% in 2020.
The winners of the Auto Trader New Car Awards 2021 are:
- New Car of the Year - Jaguar I-PACE
- Best Car for Families - Tesla Model 3
- Best Car for New Drivers - Renault ZOE
- Best Value New Car - MG ZS
- Best Car for Long Distances - Hyundai Tucson
- Most Fun to Drive - MINI Hatch
- Best Car for City Drivers - Renault Captur
- Best Car for Dog Owners - MG ZS
- Best 7-Seater Car - Mercedes-Benz GLE Class
- Best Car for Towing - Volkswagen Touareg
- Most Loved Car - Ford Puma
- Best Hybrid - BMW 3 Series
- Best Value Electric Car - Kia Soul
- Best Premium Electric Car - Polestar 2
- Most Loved Brand - Porsche
- Most Reliable Brand - Toyota
- Car brand with the best tech - BMW
- Best Value Brand - Dacia
- Best Luxury Car - Mercedes-Benz G Class
Full details available at https://www.autotrader.co.uk/new-car-awards