The Department for Transport (DfT) has published statistics on the number of grants awarded for the installation of electric vehicle charging devices in the UK in July 2021.
- Domestic charging devices - As of 1 July 2021:
- OZEV funded grant schemes (EVHS and DRS) have delivered 197,985 domestic charging devices since 2013
- the EVHS has funded the installation of 157,652 domestic charging devices
- in the last 12 months, the EVHS installed 44,685 devices, up nearly 40% from July 2020
- Workplace charging devices - As of 1 July 2021:
- the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) has funded the installation of 16,975 sockets in workplace car parks since the scheme started in 2016
- of these, 7,118 WCS sockets were installed in the last 12 months, up 72% from July 2020
- On-street residential devices - As of 1 July 2021:
- the On-Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme (ORCS) has funded 1,459 public charging devices which have been installed across local authorities in the UK
- of these, 778 charging devices were installed after being claimed for by the local authorities in the last 3 months
- funding has also been awarded for 3,282 more ORCS charging devices to be installed in the future
You can read the full report here.