DVLA would like NFDA members to be aware of the changes to the GB driving licence cards.
Stock of the new cards will shortly start being used for both provisional and full GB Driving Licences. We advise you to pass this on to your colleagues that may be checking these as proofs of ID in dealerships for test-drives or finance products etc.
Please follow the link to see further details, including images of the new cards.
All versions of the GB driving licence (Full English/Bi-lingual and Provisional English/Bi-lingual) will change. Some of the more notable changes to the driving licence design are as follows:
- The Union flag has moved to the top right corner of the front of the licence
- The Royal Crest is visible on the front
- The driver number has been left justified and is now in line with the other text
- The secondary image of the licence holder is now located on the front of the card
- The OVI (colour shifting ink) design has been reinstated and updated to the back of the licence
- New Hologram has been added (the shape is now a circle & the design has changed)
Please note: Existing photocard and paper licences will remain valid. They will be replaced with the new version in due course when drivers apply to renew, update or replace their current licence. Customers do not need to apply for a new-style Driving Licence card before their current card expires. In fact, to avoid unnecessary additional workload DVSA discourages early application.
There will also be changes to all variants of the tacho cards, expected to be issued in January 2022.
Full GB Driving Licence
Provisional GB Driving Licence