These proposals are part of the commitment by the Mayor of London and TfL to help improve air quality and public health, tackle the climate emergency and reduce traffic congestion across Greater London.
Proposals for the ULEZ expansion in 2023
- Expand the ULEZ London-wide from 29 August 2023
- Remove the annual £10 registration fee for
- Auto Pay for the ULEZ, Congestion Charge and the Low Emission Zone (LEZ – for heavy vehicles)
- Changes to fines for the ULEZ and the Congestion Charge
- Changes to the Mayor’s Transport Strategy
- Cover most of Greater London, up to the LEZ boundary. The LEZ boundary is considered suitable for the London-wide ULEZ as it broadly follows the Greater London Authority boundary and provides opportunites for vehicles to divert away from travelling into London
- Daily charge of £12.50 if you drive within the zone
- Operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 364 days a year, excluding Christmas Day
NFDA are intending to highlight our concerns for the sector over the proposed ULEZ expansion in our consultation response.