This month’s highlights include:
- In April, site visits to Auto Trader increased 16% year-on-year, marking six consecutive months of growth, and continuing the recent strength in buying activity seen throughout 2023.
- Demand for used cars increased by 8% in April over the prior year as supply continued to tighten, leading to a healthier market dynamic.
- Used car sales increased 4% year-on-year based on the stock removed from Auto Trader in April.
- With demand outpacing supply, used cars on retailer forecourts sold every 27 days in April, 2 days faster than last year and pre-pandemic levels.
- April saw used car retail prices increase by 3% on a year-on-year and like-for-like basis, marking 37 consecutive months of growth.
- Whilst used petrol and diesel car prices increased by 5% and 3% respectively, used EV prices fell by 18% as supply continued to outpace demand.
Download the full report HERE