The in-focus section this month looks at how the transition to electric cars has prompted the rise of new entrants to enter the market – particularly from China.
• Fleet registrations continue to drive strong growth in the new car market, though private sales fell year-on-year.
• Used car demand appears robust, with traffic to Auto Trader increasing by 6% year-on-year and used car sales seeing a 3% uplift. New car visits continue to see strong year-on-year growth: up 35%.
• Market health is positive as demand outpaces supply, with used EVs particularly strong.
• Cars are selling 1 day faster than last year (40 days) with electric the fastest-selling fuel-type: driven by strong demand for older EVs.
• Prices continue to soften on an annual basis, though many cars are priced below their full market value.
Find the full report here: https://plc.autotrader.co.uk/m...