Drive My Career was launched in February as NFDA members felt that too many young people do not consider the automotive industry as an option for their careers. Drive My Career is not a regular job site, as its ultimate goal is to improve the perception of the automotive industry, especially, amongst the new generations. Over the past few months, NFDA has been working with Get My First Job, a social enterprise with a database of 16-24 young school leavers, to drive candidates onto automotive dealers’ career pages to help them fill their vacancies.
The way the website works is very simple. Candidates can enter their postcodes on the website, see what dealer groups operate in their area and what opportunities they have available then apply directly on the dealers’ career pages. The website also features a number of ‘hot jobs’ available at the dealer groups that have joined the initiative and showcases the success stories of those who work in the sector. Since the launch, the website has seen a significant increase in traffic.
Recently, new features have been added to the website:
- NEWS: NFDA members that have joined Drive My Career can use the ‘news’ section on the website to promote any initiatives they are currently working on. We will also publish original content to engage with young people by sharing tips about topical recruitment issues such as writing a CV or preparing for an interview.
- MARKETING: Drive My Career has recently boosted its presence online with the launch of its fresh, regularly updated Facebook and Instagram pages. These, alongside other digital tools, are proving extremely helpful in reaching carefully targeted young people that would make good candidates for the sector.
- APPRENTICESHIPS & TRAINEESHIPS VACANCIES: In addition to the roles advertised on Drive My Career, members can now also publish a number of apprenticeship and traineeship roles for free, as part of the Drive My Career package on the Get My First Job’s website.
- Since the launch in February, more than 4,500 potential candidates have visited Drive My Career
- 26 dealer groups have joined Drive My Career and the website currently displays and promotes the opportunities available at over 755 dealerships all over the UK
- In total, in May, there were more than 1,300 unique visitors to Drive My Career, an increase of 300% on April (June’s figures will be available soon)
- Always in May, 570 high-quality candidates were redirected to NFDA members’ career pages from Drive My Career