Ben is the independent charity providing support to those working in the automotive industry and their families. Every year, they run a UK wide survey to find out about the health and wellbeing of people who work or have worked in the automotive industry. This helps Ben understand the challenges people are facing and what issues are affecting them.
- 91% of automotive industry employees have been affected by a health & wellbeing issue in the last year.
- Poor sleep was the most common issue that affected employees’ health & wellbeing in the last 12 months.
- Over half of employees (57%) said that stress at work impacted their health and wellbeing.
- Anxiety has affected almost half of employees working in the automotive industry (49%).
- 26% of people said they had struggled with debt the last 12 months. Debt particularly affects those working in the sales and aftermarket sectors.
- 10% of automotive industry employees said that workplace bullying had personally affected them in the last year.
- 52% of people are worried about the impact of Brexit on the automotive industry. This was much higher in the manufacturing sector (74%).
- 40% of people are worried about the move away from combustion engines to electric vehicles, particularly workers aged 45-54 years old.
Ben online support:
- Improve your sleep
- Find out more about stress and pressure
- Learn more about anxiety
- If you're in debt click here
- Get advice on workplace bullying
If you or someone you know has been affected by any of these issues or anything else, get in touch with Ben by calling their free & confidential helpline on 08081 311 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm).