The Auto Trader New Car Award winners were decided by votes from 43,000 car owners who rated their car in 16 key areas. The Skoda Octavia was the overall winner, followed by the BMW 1 Series and the Peugeot 3008 which came incredibly close to victory.
The votes are based on the opinions of those who have bought and regularly drive their new vehicles. Consumers chose the winners based on lifestyle factors like reliability, running costs, appearance and practicality.
Auto Trader’s experts rate the Octavia as highly as the people that own it. Auto Trader shows that the car has also made Auto Trader’s shortlists for the best diesel car, and in wagon form, the best estate car, too.
Auto Trader New Car Awards winners for 2018
- New Car of the Year: Skoda Octavia
- Best Family Car: Skoda Superb
- Best Car for City Driving: Ford Kuga
- Best Value New Car: Kia Rio
- Best Car for Long Distances: Hyundai Tucson
- Most Fun Car to Drive: Mazda MX-5
- Brand with the Best Car Features: Nissan
- Best Car Launched in the last year: Volvo XC60
- Best Value Brand: Dacia
- Best Car for Dog Owners: Honda Civic
- Most Reliable Brand: Lexus
- Best Car for New Drivers: Kia Rio
- Best Green Car: Volkswagen Passat GTE Estate